• Modern, workflow-centric, cross-platform UI(Windows and MacOS). Full asset multi-select for quick batch editing, unlimited undo and fader hardware control.
• Source Control Integration— automatically add, edit, and delete assets from source control.
• Completely multithreaded— background processing for most time-consuming tasks, never wait for a compression again!
• Asset Specialization—customize assets by platform and language.
• Multi-user Editing—each asset is its own file, so banks aren't locked down to a single user.
• Runtime debugging and capturing with the new Miles Sound Studio—connect to your game and record events to a timeline. Replay these offline for bug regression, authoring, and polishing. Never again wonder why something didn't play correctly.
• Dynamic update sound assets when your game is connected to the Miles Studio—listen to the game, make a change, and the data is automatically transferred over the network to the game (even to consoles)!
• Performance Metrics—view memory usage and sample counts via the recorded timeline.
• Variables—sound events can now read definable variables set by the game.
• Vastly improved streaming better threading, better file behavior, more simultaneous streams!
• Auto-Blend-Sounds—start multiple sounds and crossfade volume and pitch between them based on a game supplied variable. Everything you need for automatic engine sound!
• Ramps—smoothly ramp categories of sounds, affecting volume, wet level, low pass, or pitch. useful for ducking and bussing.
• Super-fast Loading—sound banks are now compiled and loaded in-place, with very few allocations!
• Asynchronous sound loads—all asset loading happens on a background thread (including dynamic asset reloading from the Miles Sound Studio).